After two weeks of intense preparation for our journey to India, just over two weeks enjoying India, and two weeks of enduring horrid jet lag upon our return - I announced to Matt that I was not up to our yearly camping trip to Mammoth. So we settled on another fun mountain location a little closer to home where we could get our fix of water, hilly terrain, and fish! (Okay, so honestly I don't think Matt ever gets his fix of fishing.)
And we headed to Donner Lake to stay at the Robbins' Roost (a Robbins' family cabin). I had never been there in warm weather and was excited to see what it offered when the ground was not covered in snow.
We enjoyed sitting out on the deck. Hannah was delighted that she could climb up in into the lounge chairs all by herself.
She loved imitating Grandma (who so graciously accompanied us for the first part of our trip) by reading books on the chair.

Matt and I stole away to Tahoe City (right on the north shore of Lake Tahoe) for a dinner all to ourselves (thanks to grandma). We went to Jake's on the Lake for a fabulous dinner.

The water at Donner was icy cold (I know because I went swimming in it and almost froze). But we loved the feel of it tickling our toes. The lake was so blue and clear and clean (all things that someone born in LA can really appreciate).
And of course we went fishing. Since we had a grandma to watch Hannah, Matt talked me into spending an afternoon on the pier with our fishing poles in the water. I had the frusterating experience of seeing the fish swimming all around my line and actually knocking into my weight but not biting. Luckily we (or more precisely Matt) caught two fish during our stay at Donner and cooked them up with some butter, lemon and garlic for a delicious dinner!

We had a great family vacation and incurred no major disasters. Thank goodness! (After Toby's fish hook eating experience last year we were prepared for anything.)
And we can't wait to go back!




No comments:
Post a Comment