Tuesday, February 23, 2010

our valentine's getaway



With Valentine's Day and another baby coming in just a couple of months, Matt & I decided it was time for another baby-free getaway. My mom came up to watch Hannah and the two of us stole away to Historic Placerville for the weekend.


Placerville may not ignite the same images of romance in your mind as Napa does - but it has plenty of romance & charm for us. We stayed at the historic Carry Hotel on Main Street and dined (multiple times) at one of our favorite restaurants in the world (which says a lot) - The Heyday Cafe. It has only 9 tables and a wine bar to sit at. The menu changes slightly every 6 weeks, but we have yet to try anything there we didn't absolutely love. Just to make your mouth water - on Saturday evening we had an appetizer of baked brie, served with warm raspberry marmalade and toasted bread - awesome!

For those of you who haven't seen me in awhile, you are probably wondering what I look like now at 7 months pregnant - well, I'm very prego.

And here's Matt's new look too!








Before the weekend was over we drove a couple of miles up the road to Apple Hill to see if any of the apple stands were still open. And amazingly, we discovered that Boa Vista Orchards was still open and sells their apples all year long, except for during summer when they bring in apples from Washington. I was delighted to get a couple pounds of their Fuji apples (they are my favorite) to take home.

We also walked around the grounds and enjoyed views of not just the apple orchards, christmas tree farms, and vineyards, but also the snow-covered Sierra Nevadas. It was beautiful!

A happy couple ready to return home!


2 comments:

  1. What a great weekend getaway! Ross and I will have to try the Heyday Cafe; that brie appetizer sounds divine. Joy, you look seriously amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you guys had a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete