Sunday, April 25, 2010

just the 3 1/2 of us!

I was talking to an older woman in our church a few months ago who told me that her second child was just sure he was adopted because they didn't have any pictures of her pregnancy with him and they had so many from her first pregnancy.
Thus, I was inspired to get some pictures of this pregnancy. And since I am usually the one behind the camera, I recruited my friend and college roommate, Holly to head to the arboretum with us and capture this special time in our family (she did a great job!).





Of course I wanted to get some shots of Hannah interacting with my tummy, but being very much an almost 2 year old - she didn't quite cooperate and needed Daddy's help!



This is a more accurate depiction of her feelings toward the coming baby...



Here's one that captures Matt's feelings about our coming boy and my ever-growing belly:

Matt and Hannah had a great time rolling around in the grass giving each other tackle hugs (fyi: a tackle hug involves Hannah getting a running start and then heading at Matt to hug him and he falls over)

This finally got Hannah smiling and we got some great family shots with us all smiling - here's one of my favorites!

2 comments:

  1. These are precious Joy! And speaking as a second child I think it's absolutely wonderful. I used to demand to see pictures of my mother when she was pregnant with me, insisting they must have my sister in them as well. How else would I know that I wasn't adopted? ;) You have a beautiful family and we can't wait to meet your precious boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Holly! Those are adorable!

    ReplyDelete