Wednesday, April 14, 2010

one month from today...

One month from today....
our little boy is due to make his arrival and Hannah will be on the eve of turning 2!

Countless people have told me, nostalgically & sadly, how fast kids grow up. And I have this feeling of wanting to dispute that comment. Because yes, they do grow up and change - one day they lay on the ground and stare, the next they are able to grab a toy. Another they have previously stayed sitting where you left them - then a day comes and they can move around on their own. Yes, change happens quickly in babies. But it's not a bad thing or something to be grieved. I think that it is in God's divine knowledge that he doesn't allow babies, or children, or even adults to stay where they are - but to change and grow! If Hannah had taken any longer to start walking, I'm pretty sure my back would be permanently crippled from carrying her up and down the stairs in our house. As much as she needs to grow for her own development, I also need her to change. And I need it to happen in a swift manner. Otherwise I might go crazy!
Maybe it's being a stay-at-home mom, but I feel like I've gotten to soak in every stage with Hannah and enjoy it and welcome the coming of the next. It's amazing to see her grow and her personality develop! I would not trade anything in the world for her to go back to that helpless infant stage. And yet, we have another coming - in whose change & development from baby to toddler I can once again rejoice!


Hannah at 4 months grabbing a toy for the first time!

Hannah at 22 months, getting ready to be a big sister!



3 comments:

  1. Sweetest post ever. You are a great mom; Hannah and your new little guy are blessed beyond measure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful!! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete