With Hannah's growing age also comes her understanding of the world around her. She has come to love animal sounds with books and playing peek a boo. Last week, I learned something she does not like - large, blow up rubber duckies!
We were staying at Matt's parents' house and needed to give her a bath. They have this rubber ducky blow up bathtub for the grandkids (that I personally have always thought was pretty cute - and way more attractive than our basic blue tub). I brought it into the family room where Hannah was playing to blow it up and let her look at. Thinking that she would love it because the small rubber duckies she has at home she rarely wants to part with when bath time was over. Initally - looking at it was just fine. Then we decided to squeeze the beak (it makes a quacking noise), not so sure about that. Finally we decided to pretend like it was bath time and put her in the tub. That's when the antics began. She did not like that. So, as a good mom, I quickly pulled her out and removed the tub and then walked down the hall to keep getting her ready for a bath. She continued to glare at the tub over my shoulder.
I thought that by the time we were in the bathroom and the tub was ready she'd already have forgotten. I was wrong! The instant her feet were in tub and she looked down she started screaming. I picked her up thinking the water was the wrong temperature. Put in more cool water and tried 
again. She looked at the duck and started screaming. Again, lifted her out, tried to soothe her to no avail as she stared at the hated duck. Finally, I plopped her in there for a super sonic speed bath and through her screams, managed to get her clean. As soon as we left the bathroom and more importantly the sight of the duck - she calmed down.
again. She looked at the duck and started screaming. Again, lifted her out, tried to soothe her to no avail as she stared at the hated duck. Finally, I plopped her in there for a super sonic speed bath and through her screams, managed to get her clean. As soon as we left the bathroom and more importantly the sight of the duck - she calmed down.
The good news is that when we used her basic, blue tub at home this weekend, splashing and smiling she quickly relished bath time again.
The guilty duck and sad baby:
I love that you took the time to take a picture of her. I would have done the same thing.
ReplyDeleteHA. Good post! How would YOU feel about taking a bath in a giant duck? :)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. thes pics melt my heart. good story joy!
ReplyDelete